The Little Oxford English Dictionary draws on the analysis of hundreds of millions of words of ‘real’ English carried out for the New Oxford Dictionary of English.
- Contains over 100,000 entries
- Provides clear definitions, with inflections and parts of speech spelled out in full
- Gives more than 450 in-text boxed notes on spelling and usage
- Includes in-text panels for extra help with grammar and word building
- Offers a handy supplement with additional information ranging from frequently misspelled words to countries of the world and weights and measures